I’m Wuwen Wang, a first year CS Ph.D. student at Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne(EPFL). I received my master’s degree in Electrical & Computer Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University and my bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering from UIUC.
I’m fortunate enough to be a member of Data-Intensive Applications and Systems Laboratory and work with Prof. Anastasia Ailamaki. My research primarily focuses on large-scale high-performance data systems. I’m currently working on the query execution in databases.
I was a member of Carnegie Mellon Database Group and work with Prof. Andy Pavlo. During my time at CMU DB, I have been a developer for NoisePage, the self-driving in-memory database we developed at CMU.
Don’t hesitate to contact me if you would like to collaborate or need any information.
- L. Ma, W. Zhang, J. Jiao, W. Wang, M. Butrovich, W. Lim, P. Menon, A. Pavlo. “MB2: Decomposed Behavior Modeling for Self-Driving Database Management Systems.” SIGMOD ‘21: International Conference on Management of Data, China, June 20-25, 2021. pages 1248-1261, ACM, 2021.
- L. Zhang, M. Butrovich, T. Li, A. Pavlo, Y. Nannapaneni, J. Rollinson, H. Zhang, A. Balakumar, D. Biales, Z. Dong, E. J. Eppinger, J. E. Gonzalez, W. S. Lim, J. Liu, L. Ma, P. Menon, S. Mukherjee, T. Nayak, A. Ngom, D. Niu, D. Patra, P. Raj, S. Wang, W. Wang, Y. Yu, and W. Zhang, “Everything is a Transaction: Unifying Logical Concurrency Control and Physical Data Structure Maintenance in Database Management Systems”. Conference on Innovative Data Systems Research, 2021.
- Liu, C., Das, A., Wang, W., Küchemann, S., Kenesei, P., & Maass, C. R. E. (2019). “Shear-band cavities and strain hardening in a metallic glass revealed with phase-contrast x-ray tomography”. Scripta Materialia, 170, 29-33.
- The Dean’s List of College of Engineering
- Earl J. Eckel Scholarship
- My name is 王无闻 in Chinese
- I’m a fan of the greatest Laker of all time - “The Black Mamba” - Kobe Bryant
- I’m a fan of Arknights - ドクター、終わってない仕事がたくさんありますから、まだ休んじゃダメですよ。